The essential padel rules
LEARN HOW TO PLAY PADEL, SUMMARY WITH THE ESSENTIAL PADEL RULES
In padel as many sports has it own rules with the official regulations, but here we describe the fundamentals rules to get started in this fantastic and fun sport.
If you can´t find what are you looking for, you can SOLVE YOUR DOUBTS yourself in our updated articles with The official padel rules from IPF.
THE BASIC RULES OF PADEL
As well as padel tennis only shares with tennis the scoring system, the type of ball and little else, because: the rules, the groundstrokes, the technique, the court and even the equipment is different. Trying to adapt them is the biggest mistake of any begginer player.
SCORING: Padel follows the same scoring system as tennis (0, 15, 30, 40 “all” equal , serve / rest advantage. The best of 3 sets is played (the team winning 2 sets wins the match).
*NEW, Golden point is played when 40-40, the team receiving the serve decide where is played the point.
SIDE CHANGES: Occurs when the sum of games is odd (eg: 2-1, 3-2, ..). As an exception, the first game in any set (1-0) does not change fields.
STARTING RULES: The ball can be hit by any player in any area of the court.
Thus, the ball/point is considered valid if the ball hits the ground before hitting the walls (or fence). The player can hit the ball with or without a previous bounce, but always respect the maximum of one bounce. After the first bounce, the ball may hit the walls.
THE PADEL SERVE
As tennis, in each point we have two opportunities to put the ball into play (“second serve” after the first error, “double fault” after the second error involving the loss of the point). The service is carried out in a crossed manner and the ball must jump in the square on the corresponding side.
· The serve is executed by dropping the ball to the side of the body and hitting it with the paddle without exceeding the height of the waist at the moment of impact.
· It will not be valid if after the first bounce the ball hits the side fence. Instead, it can hit (although not required) the wall or glass.
IF THE BALL TOUCHES THE NET, IT CAN HAPPEN:
1. Bounce in the service square not corresponding: the service is not correct.
2. The ball falls into the correct rival service square and after the first jump touches the fence: the shots is not considered correct.
3. The ball bounces in the correct rival square and after the first jump it does not touch the side fence, or it jumps several times before touching the fence: the service is considered null and the team serving must to repeat the serve.
DURING THE GAME THE RETURN IS CONSIDERED CORRECT IF:
1. With a single hit, the ball bounces in the opponent’s field before touching the walls or fence of the opposite field. It is also considered correct if the ball after the bounce leaves the court.
2. The ball touches the wall / s (or crystal) of our field and bounces on the rival field.
3. If hits the tape of the net and falls in the opposite field.
DURING THE GAME THE POINT IS LOST IF:
1. when the ball touches us or touches any part of our body other than the paddle.
2. If we touch the net with the shovel, clothing or any part of the body during the dispute of the point.
3. We hit the ball and it touches some of the metallic meshes or ground of our own field.
4. If both players in the pair hit the ball consecutively.
5. Accidentally or voluntarily a player touches the ball more than once with the paddle.
We hope that with these basic rules of paddle tennis, you can take the step and start practicing this addictive sport. SCT PADEL CAMPS
VIDEO – PADEL RULES
VIDEO – PADEL SPELREGELS
VIDEO – PADEL TENNIS REGLER
( 0 comments of clients)
WPT PADEL CAMPS
WPT Madrid Master Padel Camp
/ per person
WPT Marbella Master Padel Camp
/ per person
Stay updated with SportsClubTour newsletter and be the first to recieve the latest padel camps information and new exciting destinations.
We are aware and we are against spam, you will never receive any commercial from SportsClubTour without your consent.
Responsible: Angel J. Martinez, being the purpose; open communication with the user by email or telephone to send information about the requested information and electronic communications , such as: bulletins (newsletters), new posts (posts), commercial offers.
Legitimation: Consent of the interested party.
Recipients: your data is hosted on my email marketing platform located at Hostinger International Ltd. and mailchimp.com registered trademark of The Rocket Science Group both as SportsClubTour.com email marketing service provider. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, limitation or delete your data at [email protected].
VIP PADEL CAMPS
Reserva del Higueron Padel Camp
/ per person
Featured padel destinations
Marbella Padel Tour
/ per person
40 km to
Reserva del Higueron
Stay on court
/ per person
25 km to